When asked to write about their grandparents, these 8-year-olds had the most hilarious responses
It’s no secret that grandparents love their grandchildren to death, but what do grandkids think of their grandparents? A group of eight-year-olds were ask to define what a grandparent is and they didn’t hold back – their brutally honest answer are too cute (and hilarious!) for words.
- Grandparents are a lady and a man who have no little children of her own. They like other people's.
- A grandfather is a man and a grandmother is a lady!
- Grandparents don't have to do anything except be there when we come to see them. They are so old they shouldn't play hard or run. It is good if they drive us to the shops and give us money.
- When they take us for walks, they slow down past things like pretty leaves and caterpillars.
- They show us and talk to us about the colour of the flowers and also why we shouldn't step on "cracks."
- They don't say, "Hurry up."
- Usually grandmothers are fat but not too fat to tie your shoes.
- They wear glasses and funny underwear.
- They can take their teeth and gums out.
- Grandparents don't have to be smart.
- They have to answer questions like, "Why isn't God married?" and "How come dogs chase cats?"
- When they read to us, they don't skip. They don't mind if we ask for the same story over again.
- Everybody should try to have a grandmother, especially if you don't have television, because they are the only grown-ups who like to spend time with us.
- Grandpa is the smartest man on earth! He teaches me good things but I don't get to see him enough to get as smart as him!
Join our community of over 400,000-plus members today and get the latest Over60 news, offers and articles.
Get all the latest Over60 news, offers and articles.