Palace sets the record straight on Duchess Kate and Duchess Meghan’s “alleged” feud
With news circulating about an alleged feud between Duchess Kate and Duchess Meghan in recent days, in a rare move, the palace has broken its silence and issued a statement to set the record straight.
British newspaper, The Sun reported on Saturday that the Duchess of Cambridge had a falling out with Meghan over her attitude towards her staff members, but a spokesman from Kensington Palace has since refuted that claim.
“This never happened,” said the royal spokesman.
According to People magazine, the palace is not one to respond to petty rumours, which is why it is yet to comment on other allegations that surfaced in recent weeks, such as how Kate was “left in tears” after a dress fitting for Princess Charlotte for Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan’s wedding day.
“Kate had only just given birth to Prince Louis and was feeling quite emotional – though just what upset her is unclear,” a source told royals reporter Camilla Tominey of The Telegraph.
The US magazine also claimed that during the lead up to Harry and Meghan’s wedding, those close to the bride and groom were under a fair amount of “stress”.
Only last month Kensington Palace announced that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex were moving out of their Kensington Palace estate and into Frogmore Cottage early next year, as they prepare to welcome their first child.
“Windsor is a very special place for their royal highnesses and they are grateful that their official residence will be on the estate,” said the palace in a statement.
Despite Harry and Meghan moving out, the parents-to-be will still keep their offices in Kensington Palace.