Home & Garden
10 must-read insider tips to save you money on gardening
While this may seem like common sense, it’s easy to get carried away when buying seeds and plants for your garden. Realistically, if you don’t eat a certain vegetable or herb now (kohlrabi and purslane, we’re looking at you), you probably won’t eat it even if you grow it. Save yourself time and money by only buying seeds and plants that you know you and your family will eat.
2. Buy seeds early in the year
3. Buy gardening equipment in autumn
4. Go in on seeds with your friends
5. Plant crops thicker than they actually grow
6. Hit up a local farm's harvest sale
7. Invest in quality equipment
8. Tend to your garden regularly
9. Ask about inventory
10. Plant at the right time
Join our community of over 400,000-plus members today and get the latest Over60 news, offers and articles.
Get all the latest Over60 news, offers and articles.