Sweet roast chicken bun
- ⅓ cup (90 g) wholegrain mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 skinless chicken thigh fillets, about 85 g each
- 4 large hamburger buns, plain or wholemeal
- 8 small cos lettuce leaves
- 2 small ripe mangoes, sliced
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Mix the mustard and honey together and season to taste.
- Enlarge the hollow left by the bone in each chicken thigh, cutting to open them out.
- Press to flatten them a little.
- Place the thighs, smooth side up, in a lightly oiled ovenproof dish or small roasting pan.
- Set aside about 2 tablespoons of the honey and mustard mixture, and spread the remainder over the top of the chicken thighs.
- Roast for 12–15 minutes or until the juices run clear when a thigh is pierced with a knife.
- Meanwhile, split open the buns and toast them.
- Place a lettuce leaf on the bottom half of each bun, top with the mango slices and sprinkle with the spring onions, if using.
- Spread the reserved honey and mustard mixture over the underside of the top halves.
- Put the roast chicken thighs on top of the mango and spring onions, then top with the remaining lettuce.
- Put the tops of the buns on and press the sandwiches gently together.
- Serve immediately.