These no-fuss raspberry muffins will be welcomed by both kids and adults alike. Plus, the recipe is easy enough that the grandchildren can get involved.
- 250g plain flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 100g brown sugar
- 75g butter, chilled
- 1 large egg
- 175ml milk
- 150g fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon demerara sugar
1. Preheat oven to 200ºC. Line a 12-hole muffin tray with muffin cases.
2. Sift flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Add sugar and butter. Stir until just combined, ensuring you don’t overmix.
3. Whisk the egg and milk together in a separate bowl. Pour into flour bowl. Lightly mix until just combined. Fold in raspberries.
4. Spoon mixture evenly into muffin cases. Sprinkle with demerara sugar. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until muffins are golden and risen. Stand in pan for 5 minutes and turn out onto wire rack to cool. Serve.