Food & Wine
Overnight papaya coconut oats
Bursting with natural flavours, papaya is the perfect addition to quick and easy breakfasts. This recipe is extremely simple and speedy to make, you’ll be prepping it weekly!
- 2 1/2 Cups rolled oats
- 1 Ruby Rise Red Papaya, seeds removed, ¾ chopped roughly, ¼ sliced
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 Cup toasted Coconut
- 1 Cup coconut yoghurt
- 1 Cup Almond milk
- 1 Tsp maple syrup
- Combine oats, coconut yoghurt, almond milk, coconut and syrup in a small bowl. Stir well.
- Cover and let it sit overnight in the fridge.
- When ready to serve, prepare the Papaya puree. Blend ¾ of the chopped papaya in a blender with lime juice. Blend until smooth.
- Layer the base of 2 mason jars with papaya puree, then layer a sprinkle of toasted coconut on top. Add the oats until there is 3 cm left in the jar.
- Top the oats with sliced papaya pieces and remaining toasted coconut.
Recipe by Vic Theng, Melbourne Foodie Finds.