Tue, 13 Nov, 2018
Double chocolate creams
Preparation: 15 minutes, plus chilling
- 200g dark chocolate (70 per cent cocoa)
- 1¾ cups ready-made custard, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon brandy or other liqueur
- ½ cup whipping cream
- 30g white chocolate, finely grated
- Chill 6 drinking glasses. Melt the dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of gently simmering water. Stir until melted and smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Pour in about one-third of the custard and stir lightly. The chocolate will begin to thicken and become glossy. Don’t overmix – a couple of large scooping stirs are enough. Pour in the remaining custard and stir to combine with the chocolate. Stir in the brandy. The mixture will thicken as the chocolate cools. Spoon into the chilled glasses and place in the freezer to chill for 20 minutes, or until set.
- Whip the cream until it holds its shape. Stir in white chocolate. Spoon into the glasses and serve immediately.
TIP: Dark chocolate with 70 per cent cocoa content gives a deep, rich flavour.