Thu, 8 Oct, 2015
A delicious blueberry dessert that’s best served with a big scoop of ice-cream.
- 2 cups fresh (or frozen) blueberries
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 cup white sugar, or to taste
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 190 °C.
- In a saucepan, combine berries, lemon juice and half a cup sugar. Bring to boil and remove from heat. Pour into baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, cream butter and remaining half a cup sugar until light and fluffy. Whisk in egg. Gradually add flour mixture, stirring until just combined.
- Spoon batter over blueberries. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes until topping is golden brown. Cool before serving.