Mon, 13 Nov, 2017
Malaysian prawn laksa
From hosting a dinner party for family and friends to whipping up a quick midweek meal for the family to enjoy, this Malaysian prawn laksa will be sure to impress.
- 185g jar Malaysian laksa paste
- 1/2 x 270ml can coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups water or vegetable stock
- 250g fried soybean curd or tofu, sliced
- 250g cooked and peeled prawns
- 2 cakes of instant noodles
- 100g bean sprouts
- Chopped coriander to garnish
1. Combine laksa paste, coconut milk, water or vegetable stock in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cover and bring to the boil.
2. Add soybean curd and prawns then reduce heat. Meanwhile, prepare noodles according to the packet instructions. Drain and divide between 2 bowls.
3. Ladle the soup over the noodles, top with bean sprouts and coriander.
Tip: Add a halved, hard-boiled egg. Substitute prawns with cooked chicken or fish pieces. Add some sliced red or green capsicum.
Recipe courtesy of AYAM.