Apple and oat muffins
These healthy apple and oat muffins make a tasty treat to keep on hand for those times you’re feeling peckish for a snack.
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup rolled oats, plus extra to garnish
- 400ml vanilla yoghurt
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 50ml olive oil
- 2 apple, grated
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease muffin pan.
- Sift plain flour, self-raising flour and baking powder into bowl. Add sugar, cinnamon and oats.
- Mix yoghurt, oats and oil together. Add to flour, stirring into just combined.
- Spoon mixture into muffin pan until three-quarters full. Distribute grated apple evenly between 12 cups. Sprinkle oats over.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until tops are golden. Cool completely before serving.