Fri, 22 May, 2015
Tarts. Pies. Cakes. Forget these overdone desserts and instead why not try these fun delights? Apple Fritters make great snacks or a quick dessert.
- ⅔ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 small apple, peeled and diced into small pieces
- 2 cups canola oil
- Icing sugar, to serve
- Vce-cream, to serve (optional)
1. Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and cinnamon.
3. In another bowl, lightly whisk together the cream, butter and egg.
4. Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture, stirring lightly and then fold in the diced apples.
5. Ensure the oil is hot and then use a half-a-cup measure to scoop out one fritter. Press the batter firmly into the measuring cup, and then place it in your hand and press it flat. Do the same with the remaining batter. Fry fritters for three minutes on one side, or until golden brown, then flip and fry until the other side is golden brown. Remove from the oil with a spoon and drain on paper towels. Dust with powdered sugar and serve.