Home & Garden
DIY watercolour ceramics
This is a simple, inexpensive project that gives you such a beautiful end result. You can use this technique to brighten up your own plain white mugs, glass vases, or create some stunning, one-of-a-kind gifts for your friends and family.
Just remember that these should be washed gently by hand – not put into the dishwasher.
What you’ll need:
- Plain ceramics or glass vases
- Nail polish
- A bucket/foil tray
1. Fill your bucket with warm water.
2. Select the colour/s you want to use and let a few drops fall into the water. They’ll spread out across the surface of the water.
3. Add any other colours you think will look good.
4. Use your toothpick to swirl the colours together a little.
5. Dip your mug/vase/pot in to the nail polish and pull it back out. The colour will have stuck to it.
6. Allow to dry for a few hours.
Tip: work quickly – you don’t want the nail polish to dry before you can dunk your item in.
Image credit: Pinterest