Caring

Basmah Qazi

Mother’s “shocking” discovery in Coles bread roll

Mother’s “shocking” discovery in Coles bread roll

A mother in Queensland made a shocking discovery just as she was close to feeding her baby a bread roll that had a metal screw lodged into it.

Taking to social media, Skye-April Cullen was furious as she complained to Coles, claiming that the screw was found in a pack of six buns that she purchased from the supermarket.

Ms Cullen bought the pack on Tuesday night from the Smithfield store in Cairns.

“I am bloody disgusted and have cut my mouth open,” she wrote to Coles on their Facebook page.

“I brought a six-pack of your buns for my dinner last night, took about six bites, then felt my tooth crack and taste blood.

“I rushed to pull the contents out of my mouth.

“Firstly, I want to point out I have a baby who is just starting to eat who could have just as easily ate this last night.”

Along with her complaint, the young mum also posted photos of the screw.

“I’m mortified, I bet there’s still buns on the shelf,” she said.

“I don’t know what is going to fix this … you’re lucky my daughter didn’t choke to death.”

Ms Cullen asked people to spread the word as she claims to have damaged her $4000 smile.

A spokeswoman from Coles responded to the incident.

“Coles takes the quality of all our products seriously and has contacted the customer to follow up their complaint,” they said.

“As always we encourage customers to return any item, they’re not 100 per cent happy with to their nearest store for a full refund or replacement.”

Those who came across the photo on Facebook described the incident as “shocking”.

“This is disturbing,” wrote one woman.