8 things you never knew about Marilyn Monroe
There’s perhaps no other star that has been so loved and scrutinised than the iconic blonde bombshell, Marilyn Monroe. Even decades after her death, she continues to fascinate the world and yet there’s still so much that we don’t know about her. Here are eight crazy facts you might not have known about one of pop culture’s most enduring sex symbols.
- She cried for two days when co-star Clark Gable passed away.
- She studied weightlifting with former Olympic champion Howard Corrington.
- She worked as a parachute inspector during World War II.
- She was the second woman to head her own production company.
- She was only paid $50 for being Playboy’s first cover girl.
- She was discovered while working on the assembly line at a factory.
- She studied literature at UCLA and had a personal library of over 400 books.
- She was an outstanding cook.
Join our community of over 400,000-plus members today and get the latest Over60 news, offers and articles.
Get all the latest Over60 news, offers and articles.