Tue, 5 Jun, 2018
Australia’s favourite books of all time
Dymocks has released their 2018 Top 101 survey results, with 101,000 Aussies voting which books were their all-time favourites.
The results of the national survey show new trends emerging with Aussie’s favourite reads, with half of the books being new to the list and 41 of books being adapted for film or TV.
The Harry Potter series took home the top spot followed by All the Light We Cannot See and Big Little Lies.
Of the 101 books that made the list, 31 were written by Aussie authors – with five of those making the top 10.
The genre which is the most popular among Aussies is Fiction and poetry.
If you are searching for a book recommendation, this list is sure to help out.
Top 10 Aussie favourites
1. The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
2. All The Light We Cannot See by Liane Moriarty
4. The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
5. The Dry by Jane Harper
6. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
7. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
8. The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman
9. Burial Rites by Hannah Kent
10. To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
To see the full list click here.
Did your favourite book make the list? Let us know in the comments below.