How to make your own mosquito trap
Nothing ruins a good time like a swarm of hungry mosquitos. Keep the outdoor fun going longer with this easy DIY mosquito trap.
You will need:
- An empty 2 litre plastic bottle
- A marker
- A box cutter
- A tape measurer
- ¼ cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup of hot water
- 1 gram of yeast
- Duct/electrical tape
1. About 10cm from the lid, make a mark around the bottle.
2. Using your box cutter, cut the bottle in half at your mark.
3. In a saucepan, boil your water until steaming.
4. In the lower half of the bottle, add brown sugar and boiling water. Let cool.
5. Once cooled, add yeast. Stirring isn’t necessary.
6. Take the top of the bottle, flipping it upside down, and fit it into the base of the bottle, leaving enough room above the mixture for mosquitos to enter. If there isn’t, pour out some mixture.
7. Use tape to secure the cut edges at the top.
8. Place wherever your mosquito problem resides. The mosquitos will be attracted to the sugar mixture and not be able to fly back out of the trap.
Photo source: Wiki How