Food & Wine
Sweetly indulgent: Rocky road
Can you believe there is a whole day dedicated to rocky road? It's true! Sunday, 2nd June is National Rocky Road Day and to celebrate, I’ve created this easy to make fully loaded rocky road. The whole recipe only takes about 5 minutes to put together and around 30 minutes to set in the fridge, so it’s super easy to make.
One of my favourite things about rocky road is how easy it is to make. There is no baking required or hard to follow directions (winning). The hardest part is melting the chocolate and trying not to eat too many slices. Now, this isn't the traditional rocky road, it's more of an anything goes type of rocky road. You could easily mix up the recipe and add all of your favourite lollies and chocolates.
If you are strapped for time this weekend and won’t get around to making your own rocky road, Woolworths have delicious Rocky Road Mallows that are only $1.65 for a pack, so you can still indulge in a rocky road treat on the day!
What you'll need
- 1 packet milk chocolate melts
- 1 packet Woolworths Rocky Road Mallows Biscuits (chopped)
- ½ cup mini baking marshmallows
- ½ cup peanut M&M's
- ½ cup baking Smarties
- ½ cup Maltesers
- Sprinkles for the topping
- Melt chocolate in the microwave for around 30 seconds making sure you stir it every 10 seconds.
- Mix in all the remaining ingredients together.
- Allow to set in the fridge for 30 minutes and slice.
Join our community of over 400,000-plus members today and get the latest Over60 news, offers and articles.
Get all the latest Over60 news, offers and articles.