Food & Wine
Strawberry ricotta cake
This impressive-looking strawberry cake is much simpler to make than it looks.
- Butter, for greasing
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 ½ cups ricotta
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup plain flour
- 4 strawberries, halved
- Brown sugar, for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 20cm springform pan with butter.
2. Place egg whites in small, clean bowl and beat until stiff peaks form. Add egg yolks, ricotta, sugar, lemon zest and vanilla into a large bowl. Beat until smooth and creamy. Fold in flour and beat until well combined.
3. Gradually fold in egg whites into batter. Pour batter into prepared pan. Press strawberries on the top of batter. Sprinkle with brown sugar.
4. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until cake is firm and cooked through. Let cool before serving.
Join our community of over 400,000-plus members today and get the latest Over60 news, offers and articles.
Get all the latest Over60 news, offers and articles.