Food & Wine
Simple prawn and avocado salad
Making a simple prawn and advocado salad is an easy way to incorporate seafood in to your next feast. You may want to add crayfish if you're after a meatier version. Homemade mayonnaise tops off this appetising entree or side.
- 1 kg cooked prawns
- (plus bite-sized chunks of crayfish if including)
- Mesclun - mixed lettuce
- 2 avocados, sliced
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 1 cup good quality mayonnaise
- (preferably home-made with eggs yolks left over from making pavlova)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- few drops Tabasco sauce
- touch of salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Shell and de-vein prawns.
2. Peel and slice avocado and mix with lemon juice to avoid discolouration.
3. Arrange lettuce on serving plates.
4. Combine the mayonnaise ingredients
5. Top with prawns (and crayfish if using), then avocados, then spoon over the mayonnaise. Sprinkle with chives.
Republished with permission of Wyza.com.au.
Join our community of over 400,000-plus members today and get the latest Over60 news, offers and articles.
Get all the latest Over60 news, offers and articles.