Mon, 11 Mar, 2019
Mouth-watering sesame sausages with vegetables
Be tempted with this delicious dish that is quick and easy to prepare.
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 25 minutes
- 2 large red capsicums (bell peppers), halved and seeded
- 2 large yellow capsicums (bell peppers), halved and seeded
- 4 thick pork sausages
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce (ketchup)
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 3 heads bok choy, chopped
- Preheat the grill (broiler) to medium.
- Cook the capsicums and sausages for about 20–25 minutes, turning occasionally until the sausages are cooked through and the capsicums is tender and lightly charred.
- Cut the capsicums into wide strips, set aside and keep warm.
- Combine the tomato sauce and hoisin sauce in a large shallow bowl.
- Add the sausages and roll to coat.
- Cover the grill rack with foil and continue grilling the sausages for 1 minute, or until the glaze is bubbling.
- Turn the sausages and sprinkle with the sesame seeds, then cook for a further 1 minute, or until the seeds are golden.
- Thickly slice the sausages on the diagonal and combine with the capsicums and bok choy, tossing together to combine.
- Divide among serving bowls and serve immediately.