Food & Wine
Mixed berry rocky road
Here is the recipe to my delicious Rocky Road packed with an abundance of colourful and flavoursome berries! The dark chocolate combined with the toasted nuts and seeds with the burst of deliciousness from the Macro Certified Organic Frozen Raspberries, Blueberries and Mixed Berries take this recipe to the next level.
- 3 cups chocolate, melted (home made or 85 per cent dark chocolate)
- 2 cups mixed nuts and/or seeds, toasted (I used Macro Australian Macadamias, Macro Australian Pecans, Macro Natural Pistachio Kernels, Macro Natural Walnuts and Macro Certified Organic Natural Cashews)
- 1 cup Macro Certified Organic Frozen Raspberries
- 1 cup Macro Certified Organic Frozen Blueberries
- 1 cup Macro Certified Organic Frozen Mixed Berries
- Get started by melting down your chocolate in a saucepan over very low heat. You can make your own healthier chocolate or simply use a good quality store bought dark chocolate with a cocoa content of around 85 per cent.
- In a dry fry-pan over medium heat, add your nuts and toast them, tossing frequently so they do not burn. Once they become aromatic and lightly golden brown, after about 3 to 4 minutes, remove from the heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a bowl, add your Macro Certified Organic Frozen Raspberries, Blueberries and Mixed Berries and toss gently to combine.
- Line a small brownie pan or square cake tin with baking paper. Pour in half of the melted chocolate, cover well with the mixed nuts and macro organic berries, and then pour the remaining raining half of chocolate over the top, making sure you get even coverage and cover the nuts and berries as best as you can.
- Transfer to your freezer and allow it to set completely for about 30 to 45 minutes before slicing with a warm knife and serving in generous chunks. Enjoy.
Join our community of over 400,000-plus members today and get the latest Over60 news, offers and articles.
Get all the latest Over60 news, offers and articles.