Food & Wine
Grilled salmon with blueberry balsamic sauce
For a main course to impress, this recipe will just do the trick. The salmon fillet pairs well with the flavourful sauce, which features the cardiovascular-friendly blueberries.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 x 150g salmon fillet, skin on
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup (60ml) balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup (80g) blueberries
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cups (500g) green beans
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Olive oil
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- Fresh dill, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Prepare a tray with baking paper.
- Drizzle 1 teaspoon olive oil into a non-stick pan over a high heat. Place fish in, skin down. Cook for approx. 2-3 minutes until crisp.
- Remove from pan and place skin side down onto prepared tray.
- Drizzle with 1 tablespoon melted butter and sprinkle with brown sugar and paprika.
- Place the salmon in the oven for 15 minutes for medium.
- In the meantime bring a medium sized saucepan to the boil. Using a slotted spoon carefully lower in the beans and boil for 2 minutes before removing and immersing in a bowl of ice water.
- Drain then finely julienne the green beans. Place in a mixing bowl and season with salt, olive oil, pomegranate seeds and dill.
- Remove fish from oven and set aside. Meanwhile, place a small saucepan over a medium heat.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and cook for 5 minutes or until reduced by a third, then add the blueberries and maple syrup.
- Cook for another minute, stir in the tablespoon of butter and serve over salmon.
Join our community of over 400,000-plus members today and get the latest Over60 news, offers and articles.
Get all the latest Over60 news, offers and articles.