Food & Wine
Get into the spirit of summer with a pavlova
Time to prepare: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 60 minutes
- 4 large eggwhites
- 220g caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- whipped cream, to serve
- seasonal fruit, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 150°C. Line a heavy baking tray with baking paper.
- Using electric beaters, beat the eggwhites on medium speed until soft peaks form, adding a pinch of salt. Begin adding sugar, a spoonful at a time, then increase the speed to high and continue beating until the mixture is thick and glossy.
- Sift over the cornflour and add the vinegar. Fold into the eggwhites using a spatula and very gentle strokes.
- Pile the mixture onto the prepared baking tray and put in the preheated oven. Immediately turn the heat down to 130°C and bake for 1 hour. Turn oven off and leave meringue to cool overnight.
- Before serving, top with whipped cream, passionfruit, berries, kiwi or other seasonal fruits of your choice.
Join our community of over 400,000-plus members today and get the latest Over60 news, offers and articles.
Get all the latest Over60 news, offers and articles.