Get healthy with a blueberry kale salad
This recipe is light and just what you need for a lovely lunchtime meal.
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ small onion, grated
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 Granny Smith apple, grated
- 1 cup (250ml) buttermilk
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- 3 tablespoons micro chervil
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 bunch kale, around 8 stalks
- 1 cup (155g) blueberries
- Stir together apple cider vinegar, grated onion, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco sauce, garlic clove and granny smith apple in a jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- Stand for 5 minutes.
- Add buttermilk, mayonnaise, sour cream and micro chervil. Cover jar with lid and shake until mixture is smooth.
- Add salt, pepper, and sugar to taste.
- Tear the leaves from the kale stalks, and into pieces. Place into a medium sized bowl and massage with your hands until the leaves soften and turn a brighter green.
- Toss together kale, blueberries and 1/2 cup dressing in a large bowl. Add a little more dressing to your taste and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Australian Blueberries.