Wed, 3 Apr, 2019
Creamy carrot and coriander soup with parmesan toasts
Looking for a delicious way to increase your calcium and dairy intake? This indulgent creamy vegetable soup will delight!
Recipe and image from the Diary Kitchen
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 500g carrots, chopped
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped coriander
- 1/2 cup natural yoghurt
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated cheddar cheese
1. Heat oil in a medium saucepan. Add onion and cumin, sauté for 3-5 minutes or until softened.
2. Add carrot and stock, cover and bring to the boil. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, or until carrots are tender.
3. Remove from heat and process with a stab blender until smooth.
4. Return to heat and stir in milk and coriander. Reheat gently until warmed through.
5. Serve with a dollop of yoghurt.
For Parmesan Toasts
1. Grill bread on one side until golden.
2. Turn over top with combined cheeses and grill until cheese is bubbly and brown.
3. Serve warm with soup.
Republished with permission of Wyza.com.au.