Thu, 17 Jan, 2019
Braised beef short ribs with beans
4 bone-in beef short ribs (about 800g)
2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
5 carrots, cut into short lengths, halved lengthways
1 onion, sliced
4 garlic cloves, chopped
1 rosemary sprig, leaves finely chopped
325g cooked white beans (140g dried)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Position rack about 12cm from grill and preheat grill.
- Place short ribs in a roasting tin and grill for 8–10 minutes until well browned on both sides.
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Add tomatoes, carrots, onion, garlic and rosemary, cover with foil and cook for 3 hours.
- Stir in beans, cover and cook for another 30 minutes.
- Using a fork, shred meat away from bones. Season to taste.
Image and recipe from One Pan Roasts by Molly Shuster, Murdoch Books, RRP $35.00.
Written by Wyza. Republished with permission of Wyza.com.au.