Shock twist in seven-year search for William Tyrrell
There’s been a shock twist in the seven-year search for missing toddler William Tyrrell as NSW Police confirm “further information” has come to light and they’ve returned to William’s home to investigate.
September 12 was the anniversary of the day when William Tyrrell went missing. He would have celebrated his 10th birthday in June.
Strike Force Rosann which was set up for this case has returned to William’s hometown of Kendall on the mid-north coast with local detectives and specialist forensic officers, taking another look at the home where William was last seen and other areas nearby.
“Further information has since come to light”
Strike Force Officer-in-charge Detective Chief Inspector David Laidlaw said: “Further information has since come to light, as part of our ongoing review of the materials gathered by investigators since the moment William went missing seven years ago.”
While Laidlaw refused to elaborate on the “further information”, photos and footage have been released of detectives at the foster grandmother's home where William was last seen, showing them pouring over photos of other nearby places of interest.
“As our team continue to conduct inquiries and explore all avenues of investigation, our focus has been identifying if anything has been missed, or if there are any details – no matter how small – that need to be clarified,” Laidlaw added.
“Police remain committed to finding out what happened to William, but our most important job here is to bring him home for both families,” he said.
Detectives continue to conduct interviews, searches and other investigative activity, including those under Coronial Orders, as well as reviewing all available materials with the assistance of experts.
Last week, a new ‘person of interest’ was found
These photos of Strike Force Rosann at William’s home comes less than a week after sources claimed a new person of interest was being sought by police.
Officers were understood to be making plans to interview the new suspect, who cannot be named for legal reasons.
A $1million reward announced five years ago for information leading to the recovery of William and the circumstances surrounding his disappearance still remains in place.
A coronial inquiry into William's disappearance is also ongoing.
After 19 months, deputy state coroner Harriet Grahame has postponed her findings from the inquest into William's disappearance and presumed death.
Grahame was to release her report in June, but she is instead currently in talks with police.
William’s foster family issue heartbreaking plea
William’s foster family has issued a heartbreaking plea for those involved in his disappearance to finally come forward.
'On the seventh anniversary of William's disappearance, we ask of the person or persons involved; how much more heartbreak must be endured before you come forward,' the statement read.
‘When you took William, you plunged our world into perpetual darkness. How long will you continue to make us suffer?
'When will you choose to come forward and end the nightmare we've endured every day for the past 2558 days since you took William from his happy life?'
William’s disappearance sparked a huge operation
William’s disappearance initially sparked a huge operation involving hundreds of residents and emergency service workers and volunteers who searched homes, forests, creeks and paddocks in the rural township.
NSW Police then established Strike Force Rosann to investigate and they’ve been working under the premise the little boy's disappearance was a result of 'human intervention' since then.
Images: NSW Police