How to change your phone number in Facebook or get rid of it entirely
You can easily change a phone number in Facebook if your original number connected to the social media platform has become outdated.
Facebook asks for a user’s phone number for a few reasons, which are:
- A phone number can be used to reset a forgotten password
- It can be used to suggest people you may know so that you can connect with them on Facebook
- The phone number can keep your account safe with two-factor authentication and you can also receive text alerts for potentially unauthorised logins
How to change your phone number on Facebook
- Log into Facebook on a computer and click on the arrow in the top-right corner of your home page. Click on “Settings”.
- Select “Mobile” on the left side.
- If your account isn’t connected to a phone number, you can add one from this section via the “+ Add a Phone” section.
- If you already have a phone number, you can click on “+ Add another mobile phone number” to add another number.
- Enter your number and select if you’d like Facebook to confirm the number with a text message or with a call and click “Continue”.
- Enter the confirmation code you receive from Facebook and click “Confirm”.
- You can remove a phone number on Facebook by clicking the “Remove” button below the number you want to delete.