Google Chrome security breach: Why your private passwords are at risk
A new hack has alarmed people who use the internet browser Google Chrome as it has been revealed that anyone can gain access to your online passwords with a few simple clicks.
All a hacker needs to do is just click in the right spots to gain access to your passwords.
How to unlock every password on Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Click on the Menu (three dots icon in the top right corner of the browser window)
- Click Settings
- Under Autofill, click on Passwords.
- When asterisked passwords pop up, click on the eye symbol
- In the Username and Password bar, enter the computer login
It’s really that simple.
However, there are a few ways that you can protect yourself
- Ensure no one knows your computer password
- Regularly change your password
- Avoid using password auto save or auto fill
- Ensure your computer locks after inactivity