Easy craft ideas to make with the grandkids
There’s no better way to keep the grandkids entertained than with craft activities. Taking part in the fun will not only give you time to bond with the little ones, but it’s also a creative way to pass the time.
Family spotlight photo
What you need:
- Burlap Ribbon
- 2 Eyelet Screws
- Hemp Twine
- Small Clothes Pins
- Floral Decor of your choosing
- Staple gun
- Hot Glue/Gun
- Vinyl Black and White (or any colour you choose)
- Wood Plaque
1. Paint your plaque the colour of your choice and let it dry. Once your piece of wood is dry, take woody paint colours or darker colours of your paint choice and use a heavy dry brush to utilise different areas. After the plaque is coated and still wet, turn the plaque over and use the wood end to draw a pattern to give a rustic fence board look.
2. You can use cardboard to do this or vinyl to make the word of your choice to go on your plaque. Stick it on your piece of wood.
3. Mark the bottom left and right corners of your plaque by putting a little pressure on your eyelet screw into the wood. Once you have marked the corners, screw both of them in place.
4. With your hemp twin, knot the rope on each end and pull tight (but not too tight!)
5. Add ribbons, floral décor or any decoration to your sign with a hot glue gun
What you need
- Sharpie or permanent marker
- Rags, or sheets
- Old t-shirts to use as smocks for the kids
1. Trace a child’s arm on paper
2. Trace the arm with a permanent marker
3. Let the kids decorate the hand for whatever season they want
4. Frame the work of art as a gift
Will you be trying out these craft activities with your grandkids? Let us know in the comments below.
Join our community of over 400,000-plus members today and get the latest Over60 news, offers and articles.
Get all the latest Over60 news, offers and articles.