A life in pictures: 5 facts about Andrea Bocelli
Andrea Bocelli is one of the world’s most well known and beloved tenors in the world.
The Italian singer, songwriter and record producer turned 61 on Sunday.
Here are five facts about the legendary Italian celebrity.
1. It is well known Bocelli is blind. He was diagnosed with glaucoma in his early childhood which was the result of a sad football accident when he was 12-years-old.
2. Bocelli’s became a name to remember when Luciano Pavarotti was handed a demo tape of him singing by Zucchero, an Italian rock star. The two opera singers were then invited to perform together on Zucchero’s tour and together they performed a beautiful rendition of Miserere.
3. He married his wife, Veronica Berti in 2014. They live together with their children in a former hotel in Forte dei Marmi.
4. In 1994, Bocelli performed for the pope for the first time.
5. Also in 1998, Bocelli made his opera debut in Puccini’s La Bohemeat Teatro Comunale in Cagliari. He beautifully played the role of Rodolfo.
Scroll through the gallery above to see Andrea Bocelli’s life in pictures.
Join our community of over 400,000-plus members today and get the latest Over60 news, offers and articles.
Get all the latest Over60 news, offers and articles.