Police have returned to Oak Park Station, the last place four-year-old Gus Lamont was seen, before he went missing almost five months ago.

Officers have returned to his family’s remote property in South Australia, in a renewed search for the young boy, with SA police confirming investigations will run over the next two days.

“Members attached to Task Force Horizon … have returned to Oak Park Station to continue searching for evidence,” a statement read.

“It is anticipated that Task Force Horizon detectives will remain in the area for at least the next two days.”

Gus went missing from his home at the station near Yunta on September 27 last year.

The four-year-old boy’s disappearance is now being investigated as a major crime after police said they have identified a suspect earlier this month.

Detective Superintendent Darren Fielke said there had been “discrepancies” and “inconsistencies” in the information provided by “a person who resides at Oak Park Station”.

“The person who has withdrawn their cooperation is now considered a suspect in the disappearance of Gus,” he said at the time.

Following the release of the new information, Gus’ grandparents Josie and Shannon Murray have hired separate lawyers, who issued a statement on their behalf.

“We are absolutely devastated by the media release of SAPOL Major Crime,” the statement read.

“The family has cooperated fully with the investigation and want nothing more than to find Gus and reunite him with his mum and dad.”

Police have stressed that Gus’ parents are not suspects in his disappearance, and there is also no suggestion that his grandparents’ were involved in his disappearance.

Image: 9News/ SA Police