Tue, 20 Nov, 2018
World’s best airlines for 2019
Singapore Airlines has officially been named the best carrier in the world for 2019.
The airline has garnered praise from AirlineRatings.com – a website that rates carriers on safety and passenger experience.
Singapore Airlines currently flies the longest international flight in the world, starting at Singapore and landing in New York.
Last year, Air New Zealand brought in first place, while Qantas came in at third.
This year, Qatar Airways has nabbed fourth place and sitting closely behind is Virgin Australia at fifth place.
The top 10 do not feature any UK or US airlines.
Top 10 best airlines overall
- Singapore Airlines
- Air New Zealand
- Qatar Airways
- Virgin Australia
- All Nippon Airways
- EVA Air
- Cathay Pacific Airways
- Japan Airlines
Dubai airline Emirates, who is regularly seen taking the top spot, came in at sixth while All Nippon Airways came in at seventh, Cathay pacific at ninth and Japan Airlines at tenth.
According to Australian based AirlineRatings.com, Singapore Airlines took home the top spot because it proved to be the best in each category, including staff and safety.
The website considered the carrier to be “gold standard”.
The airline’s first-class cabins also beat their competitors, as the “suites” have been commended for being the “equivalent of a small hotel room”.
Qatar Airways is considered to have the best business class, and the credit goes to their Q-suites which features a double bed. They have also been named the best for catering.
The best premium economy cabin is found in Air New Zealand while the best economy class went to Korea Air.
Qantas was praised for their lounges and domestic flights, while Qantas Link won regional airline of the year.
Showing the most amount of improvement was Philippine Airlines, with Virgin Australia having the best cabin crew. Emirates was awarded for their in-flight entertainment, which was considered the best when compared to other carriers.
World’s best airlines 2019
- Airline of the year: Singapore Airlines
- Best long-haul airline: Emirates (Middle East), EVA Air (Asia-Pacific), Lufthansa (Europe) and Delta (Americas)
- Best low-cost airline: Westjet (Americas), AirAsia/AirAsia X (Asia-Pacific) and Wizz (Europe)
- Best first class: Singapore Airlines
- Best business class: Qatar Airways
- Best premium economy: Air New Zealand
- Best economy: Korea Air
- Best lounges: Qantas
- Best catering: Qatar Airways
- Best in-flight entertainment: Emirates
- Best domestic class: Qantas
- Regional airline of the year: QantasLink
- Most improved airline: Philippine Airlines
- Best ultra-low-cost carrier: VietJet
- Best cabin crew: Virgin Australia
AirlineRatings.com is backed by the International Civil Aviation Organisation and uses a seven-star rating system to rank 450 different airlines based on their safety and in-flight experience.
Which airline is your favourite? Let us know in the comments below.