Mon, 11 Mar, 2019
Do you think this is Australia’s best beach?
Aussies are proud of their beaches. As a whopping 85 per cent of Australians have decided to live around the coastline, or at least living within 50km of the coastline, going to the beach is a welcome Aussie pastime.
TripAdvisor has released their list of Best Beaches around the world and have ruffled a few feathers in the process. The company compiles a list of the top 25 beaches based off reviews and star rankings from the millions of reviews that are on the site at any given day.
Therefore, the list of TripAdvisor’s top 10 beaches worldwide is as follows:
- Baia do Sancho — Fernando de Noronha, Brazil
- Varadero Beach — Varadero, Cuba
- Eagle Beach — Palm — Eagle Beach, Aruba
- La Concha Beach — San Sebastian — Donostia, Spain
- Grace Bay Beach — Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
- Clearwater Beach — Clearwater, Florida
- Spiaggia dei Conigli — Sicily, Italy
- Seven Mile Beach — Seven Mile Beach, Cayman Islands
- Playa Norte — Isla Mujeres, Mexico
- Seven Mile Beach — Negril, Jamaica.
Notice a glaring omission from that list?
That’s right. No Australian beaches even cracked the top 10 of the world’s best beaches. The beach that did make the list? Manly Beach at no. 18.
Many Aussies were furious that the beach that made the list was Manly Beach.
“Has ‘TripAdvisor’ actually visited any of these beaches??” someone wrote on Facebook.
“By NO MEANS is Manly the best beach in Sydney, possibly one of the easiest to get to but … it’s commercial / concrete / being destroyed by tourists who don’t seem to understand litter kills sea life. Personally I would say Tamarama is by far more pretty,” Someone wrote on Facebook.
“Sydney beaches are always cold and dirty,” someone else wrote. “Queensland leave all Sydney beaches for dead.”
And another person, commented, “Sydney beaches have nothing on Newcastle beaches.”
Scroll through the gallery to see what the TripAdvisor best beaches winners look like.
Do you think they are they better than Australian beaches? Let us know in the comments.