The top 10 Australian landmarks
It’s no surprise the iconic Sydney Opera House has topped TripAdvisor’s top 10 list of Australian landmarks but the coveted list also showcased lesser-known sites like Penitentiary Chapel in Hobart and Faye’s Underground Home.
The travel site’s annual Traveller’s Choice award ranks historically, architecturally or culturally significant man-made attractions based on reviews over 12 months.
TripAdvisor Top 10 Travellers’ Choice Landmarks
1. Sydney Opera House — Sydney, NSW
2. The Australian War Memorial — Canberra, ACT
3. Sydney Harbour Bridge — Sydney, NSW
4. St Barnabas Church — Norfolk Island
5. Faye’s Underground Home — Coober Pedy, SA
6. Block Arcade — Melbourne, VIC
7. Penitentiary Chapel — Hobart, TAS
8. HMAS Sydney II Memorial — Sydney, NSW
9. Fremantle Prison — Fremantle, WA
10. Ubirr — Kakadu, NT
Image credit: Tooykrub / Shutterstock.com
Join our community of over 400,000-plus members today and get the latest Over60 news, offers and articles.
Get all the latest Over60 news, offers and articles.