Tue, 14 May, 2019
Zesty persimmon prawn rice paper roll
Looking for a healthy lunch option that’s packed full of flavour? These persimmon prawn rice paper rolls are the answer to all of your cravings. Not only are they simple and easy to make, but they don’t compromise on taste. Try it out for yourself.
- 60gm dried rice vermicelli
- 8 16cm round rice paper wrappers
- 8 medium butter lettuce leaves, washed
- 8 large cooked king prawns, peeled, de-veined and sliced in half lengthways
- 24 fresh mint leaves
- 1 small firm persimmon, julienned
- 1 small Lebanese cucumber, julienned
- 24 fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon Japanese rice vinegar
- 4 tablespoons hoi sin sauce
- 1 tablespoon unsalted peanuts, roughly chopped
- Prepare rice vermicelli as per packet instructions, drain well.
- Combine all sauce ingredients for dipping.
- Place 1 rice sheet in warm water until just softened, remove from water place on clean, damp tea towel.
- Lay a lettuce leaf over the wrapper, top with 2 pieces of prawn horizontally, 3 mint leaves, a little persimmon, cucumber, rice vermicelli and 3 coriander leaves.
- Fold bottom of wrapper up over the filling, fold one side in, roll up tightly. Keep rolls under damp cloth while preparing remaining ingredients.
- Serve with dipping sauce.
Photo and recipe courtesy of Persimmons Australia.