food & Wine

Over60

Woman's dangerous find after biting into Woolies sausage: “That's awful”

Woman's dangerous find after biting into Woolies sausage: “That's awful”

A woman has made a scary discovery as she enjoyed a meal with food bought from retail giant Woolworths.

She shared her experience on a public Facebook page where she tagged the store and said that she was “not happy” about finding a piece of glass in her kransky sausage.

“Found a piece of glass in my kransky from Woolworths,” she wrote.

“Thanks a lot guys now my tooth hurts.”

Her friends were quick to offer suggestions on how to contact Woolworths, with one explaining that the kranskys from the deli come prepackaged.

“The kranskys from the deli come pre packaged. I would definitely contact the store as that batch could all be contaminated and they would contact the manufacturer,” they wrote.

Others tried to find the lighter side to the situation.

“At least you didn’t swallow it,” said one man.

Woolworths reached out, saying that it was “very concerned” about the shard of glass.

“Hey Cassie, we're very concerned to see what was found in your kransky and would like to investigate this ASAP,” they wrote.

A spokesperson from Woolworths told Yahoo News Australia that they are aware of the incident.

“The details will be reported to the supplier who makes the product, and we stand ready to assist them as they investigate the matter,” the spokesperson said.

“We’re not aware of any other reports of a similar nature about this product at this time.”