Food & Wine
The most deliciously soft chocolate chip banana bread
Have you ever wanted to combine two sweet flavours to get the ultimate dessert snack you won’t want to put down? This decadent chocolate chip banana bread by A Sassy Spoon is all the best combinations made into one perfect meal.
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature (1/2 cup)
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 3-4 very ripe bananas, mashed (frozen bananas are extra sweet)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Line a 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper, making sure the parchment is hanging over the sides of the loaf pan. This will help you easily remove the loaf after baking. Spray with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together for about 2 minutes until smooth. Whisk in the egg then add the mashed bananas and vanilla. Mix, scraping down the sides of the bowl, until well combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix until well combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf pan. Bake for 55-65 minutes until a knife inserted in the centre of the loaf comes out clean. Let cool for at least 30 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Will you try this deliciously moist chocolate chip banana bread? Let us know in the comments below.
Join our community of over 400,000-plus members today and get the latest Over60 news, offers and articles.
Get all the latest Over60 news, offers and articles.