Food & Wine
Summer banana fruit salad
Who doesn’t love a good fruit salad? Not only do they make for a great afternoon snack, but they’re also a healthy option when you want to feel fuller for longer. This delicious banana fruit salad will not only satisfy your cravings for something sweet, but it’s also easy and quick to whip up.
Prep: 30 mins
- 4 bananas, sliced (Lady Finger or Cavendish)
- 1 small pineapple peeled, chopped
- 2 mangoes peeled and chopped
- 300g cherries, pitted
- 2 peaches, chopped
- 1 cup purple grapes sliced
- 250g strawberries hulled, halved
- 2 kiwi fruit peeled, chopped
- ½ cup pistachio kernels, toasted, roughly chopped
- Small basil leaves or edible flower, to garnish, optional
- Thick Greek yoghurt, to serve
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 6 large basil leaves
- For the basil sugar; place sugar and basil in a small food processor. Process until finely chopped. Transfer to a jar, refrigerate until needed.
- For the fruit salad; combine all the fruit in a large bowl. Spoon over two-thirds of the basil sugar and stir gently to coat.
- Sprinkle over the pistachio then remaining basil sugar. Scatter over the basil leaves or flowers and serve with yoghurt.
- Basil sugar will keep up to 3 weeks in the fridge in an airtight jar.
- Autumn fruit salad combo: Banana, apple, grapes, kiwi fruit, pear, nashi and passionfruit.
- Winter fruit salad combo: Banana, apple, custard apple, mandarin, nashi, persimmon, kiwi fruit and passionfruit.
- Spring fruit salad combo: Banana, grapes, melon, pineapple, tangelo, berries and passionfruit.
Join our community of over 400,000-plus members today and get the latest Over60 news, offers and articles.
Get all the latest Over60 news, offers and articles.