Fri, 10 May, 2019
Refreshing persimmon and herb chicken salad
There’s nothing better than divulging in a refreshing salad on a weekend afternoon. Not only is it light on the stomach, but it’s packed full of flavour and healthy to boot. This delicious persimmon and herb chicken salad will cure your cravings while providing you with essential nutrients to get you going for the rest of the day.
- 2 Fuyu (crisp) persimmons
- 400g chicken breasts, chargrilled or barbequed
- 2 cups flat leaf parsley leaves
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 1/3 cup toasted macadamias, roughly chopped
- Cracked pepper to serve
- ½ cup Greek yoghurt
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tbs water
- ½ tsp thyme leaves, chopped
- Cut persimmons in half and thinly slice. Slice or shred chicken breasts.
- In a large bowl toss together persimmon, parsley and mint.
- Divide salad between four plates and top with chicken.
- In a small bowl combine all dressing ingredients and spoon over salad, season with cracked pepper to serve.
Photo and recipe courtesy of Persimmons Australia.