Food & Wine
Refreshing apricot turnovers
Move over apples, it's the season for apricots! This crisp and flaky pastry turnover will bring out flavours you know and love.
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 3-4 apricots, sliced and stones removed
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon demerara sugar
- 1 egg, beaten lightly, mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Pre heat oven 200°C.
- In a medium bowl, toss apricot with arrowroot, sugar, vanilla, lemon juice until there are no lumps. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Place pastry on a lightly flour surface, cut into 4 squares. Spoon apricots evenly into each square and gently pull one side over to the other, making a triangle.
- Use a fork to seal edges, brush with egg wash and cut a few slits in the top of each to allow steam to release. Sprinkle with demerara sugar and bake for 20 minutes or until risen and golden.
- Serve dusted with icing sugar.
Join our community of over 400,000-plus members today and get the latest Over60 news, offers and articles.
Get all the latest Over60 news, offers and articles.