Thu, 17 Jan, 2019
Classic plain scones
Try this simple classic - you can't go wrong with scones!
- 3/4 cup cream
- 1 cup milk
- 3 rounded tablespoons icing sugar, sifted
- 3 cups self-raising flour, sifted
1. With a rotary beater, beat together cream, milk and icing sugar for 1 minute.
2. Add sifted flour and combine. Press onto a flat surface and cut into desired shapes.
3. Place on a greased and floured baking tray and cook in a hot oven for 12–15 minutes.
Recipe extracted from Everything I know about cooking I learned from the Country Women's Association of NSW by CWA NSW (Murdoch Books RRP $16.99)
Republished with permission of Wyza.com.au.