Lyndey Milan's Dark Chocolate Ganache Shells
Celebrity home cook Lyndey Milan shares a rich and creamy dark chocolate treat the whole family will love! Plus, it's super easy – and super fast – to prepare.
- 150g good quality dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons (40ml) thick cream
- 1 tablespoon (20ml) Grand Marnier or Cointreau (optional)
- Heat cream in a very small saucepan or microwave and boil until it reduces by half. Stir in the liqueur if using. Pour over broken dark chocolate in a dry heatproof bowl and either microwave for 1-2 minutes on 50% power until chocolate has melted; or place over a saucepan of simmering water until chocolate has melted. Do not overheat the chocolate.
- Stir until combined, but do not overbeat. Refrigerate and stir occasionally until it is firming up evenly.
- Put into a piping bag with a plain wide nozzle and pipe into the round petite silicon moulds. Alternatively, spoon in. Level off any excess with a spatula. Refrigerate until firm then turn out.
If for some reason your chocolate mixture seizes, add a little more very hot cream.
Recipe provided by Lyndey Milan.
Republished with permission of Wyza.com.au.