Lyndey Milan’s prawn salad with macadamia dressing
If you’re entertaining you certainly don’t want to spend your time toiling in the kitchen, so embrace Lyndey Milan’s easy-to-fix delicious macadamia recipe which is sure to spice up your traditional party fare, whether you’re hosting a BBQ or creating potluck dishes to share.
- 750g asparagus
- 200g baby rocket leaves
- 2 medium (2 x 300g) mangoes, sliced thinly
- 2 medium (2 x 170g) avocadoes, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup loosely packed mint leaves
- 1 ¼ cups (175g) unsalted toasted macadamia nuts
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- 2kg medium cooked prawns or 1 kg peeled prawns
For the macadamia dressing
- 1/3 cup (80ml) strained passionfruit pulp (6 passionfruit)
- 1/2 cup (125ml) macadamia oil
- 2 small fresh red chillies, seeded, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons (40ml) lime juice
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Barbecue or grill asparagus until just tender. Cool and cut into thirds on an angle.
- Roughly chop ½ cup (70g) macadamias, finely chop ¼ cup (35g) and leave remainder whole.
- For the macadamia dressing, combine all ingredients in a screw-top jar; shake well. Just before serving add the ¼ cup finely chopped macadamias and shake again.
- Combine asparagus, rocket, mango, avocado, mint and macadamias on serving platter or individual bowls.
- Just before serving, put prawns on serving plates, drizzle with macadamia dressing.
Recipe courtesy of Australian Macadamias. Visit their site for more yummy food ideas.
Have you ordered your copy of the Over60 cookbook, The Way Mum Made It, yet? Featuring 175 delicious tried-and-true recipes from you, the Over60 community, and your favourites that have appeared on the Over60 website, head to the abcshop.com.au to order your copy now.