Food & Wine
Iced VoVo-inspired coconut and jam slice
Taking inspiration from the classic Iced VoVo biscuits, this slice has a light, crumbly base with a delicious jam and marshmallow topping.
- ⅓ cup caster sugar
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup plain flour
- 150g butter, melted
- ⅔ cup jam (strawberry or raspberry)
- 1 packet marshmallows
- 3 Weet-Bix, crushed
- Preheat your oven to 180°C, and grease and line a 20cm by 30cm slice tin with baking paper.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour in the melted butter. Use a wooden spoon to mix until evenly combined.
- Transfer the mixture into the slice tin and use the back of a spoon to press into an even layer.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown. While it’s baking, cut your marshmallows into thinner slices (used a pair of kitchen scissors sprayed with cooking spray to make this easy).
- Allow the base to cool for a minute or two and then spread with your jam of choice. Add the marshmallow slices and pop the slice back into the oven for five to 10 minutes, or until the marshmallows start to brown slightly. (Optional: sprinkle a little extra desiccated coconut on top before the marshmallow cools)
- Allow to cool to room temperature in the pan and then cut into squares.
Join our community of over 400,000-plus members today and get the latest Over60 news, offers and articles.
Get all the latest Over60 news, offers and articles.