Thu, 11 Apr, 2019
Decadent blackberry, yogurt and pistachio cake
Make the best of the fresh blackberry season with this delicious, zesty cake.
- 1/3 cup (45g) pistachios
- 250g butter, softened
- 1 lemon, finely zested
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 ½ cups (375g) self-raising flour
- ½ cup (40g) shredded coconut
- 1 cup (250g) Greek style yogurt
- 200g blackberries
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons pistachios, roughly chopped
- Extra blackberries, to serve
- Double cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease a deep 22cm round cake tin, line base with baking paper.
- Place pistachios in a food processor and pulse until ground, set aside. Place butter, zest and sugar in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy. Add eggs one by one, beating well in between additions. If mixture splits slightly, add a little of the flour to recombine.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in the ground pistachio, flour, coconut and yogurt. Fold through ½ the berries. Spoon mixture into prepared pan, spread evenly with a plastic spatula.
- Scatter remaining berries, sugar and pistachios on top. Bake uncovered for about 50–60 minutes or until golden and firm to touch and a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Stand for 5 minutes in tin then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Serve cake warm or at room temperature with double cream and extra fresh blackberries.
Recipe from Fresh Aussie Raspberries and Blackberries – freshberries.com.au
Republished with permission of Wyza.