Thu, 16 May, 2019
Best ever skillet lasagne
Time to prepare 10 mins | Cooking Time 40 mins | Serves 2
Lasagne is one of those dishes we often save for a special occasion, dreading the aftermath of dirty pots and pans spread from one end of the bench to the other. With seven hits of veg, this super healthy family favourite is the perfect solution to your midweek cooking dilemmas.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1 zucchini, finely diced
- 2 celery sticks, finely diced
- 2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 250 g beef mince
- 400 ml tinned tomatoes
- 250 ml beef stock
- 100 g lasagne sheets
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cups rocket, fresh
1. Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over a medium heat.
2. Add in onion, carrot, celery and zucchini and salt and sauté for 5 minutes. Add in tomatoes and break up with the back of a spoon.
3. Add in beef mince to brown, also breaking up with the back of a spoon. Let the mince brown in the pan, occasionally stirring, about 5 minutes.
4. Add in tinned tomatoes and let mixture simmer for 10 minutes. Add in beef stock.
5. Roughly break up the lasagne sheets with your hands and add them to the skillet.
6. Turn heat to low, place a lid on the skillet and leave for 15–20 minutes until pasta sheets are cooked. You may need to add in more water if it is starting to dry out.
7. Sprinkle over grated cheese and top with fresh rocket.
If pasta isn't your thing, peel two zucchinis into ribbons and add to the skillet prior to serving to heat through.
Boost this recipe by using a homemade beef stock.
Dairy-free option: Omit cheese, it's just as delicious without.
Recipe by I Quit Sugar.
Republished with permission of Wyza.com.au.