Food & Wine
Broccoli and almond salad
The broccoli and almonds in this salad are full of easily absorbable magnesium and calcium, and paired with a creamy tahini salad dressing, it’s a bonebuilding and calming treat! The radishes add colour and crunch. You can also add a thinly sliced red capsicum (bell pepper), for a bit of extra colour and nutrition.
- 1 small head broccoli, cut into florets and lightly steamed or blanched
- 1 bunch spring onions (scallions), thinly sliced
- 1 small head butter lettuce, washed and torn into pieces
- 1 bunch radishes, washed and sliced into strips
- 1 small red (Spanish) onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup almonds, cut into slivers or coarsely chopped
- Add all the vegetables to a large bowl and gently toss until combined.
- Sprinkle the almonds over the top or serve them separately in a bowl.
- Pour the tahini dressing (or any creamy dressing of your choice) over the salad just before serving or serve it separately as well.
Have you ordered your copy of the Over60 cookbook, The Way Mum Made It, yet? Featuring 178 delicious tried-and-true recipes from you, the Over60 community, and your favourites that have appeared on the Over60 website, head to the abcshop.com.au to order your copy now.