Food & Wine
Wholemeal berry waffles
It’s always a good morning when some one’s making waffles, and with wholemeal flour this option will keep you feeling full all the way to lunch.
You will need:
- Waffle maker (or sandwich press)
- 1 ¾ cup of skim milk
- ¼ cup of canola oil
- ½ cup of flax seed meal
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup of wheat germ
- ¼ cup of flour
- ¼ cup of applesauce, unsweetened
- 4 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of wholemeal flour
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- Icing sugar, to serve
- Berries, to serve
- Combine eggs, milk, canola oil, applesauce, and vanilla. Whisk.
- Add wholemeal flour, flaxseed meal, wheat germ, flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Beat until smooth consistency.
- After preheating and spraying your waffle maker, pour enough batter in and cook until golden brown. Repeat for remaining batter.
- Top with icing sugar and berries.