Food & Wine
Easy lentil stew
This hearty vegetarian stew not only packs a flavour punch but it’s so easy to make – it’s all done in one-pot!
- 1 cup dry lentils
- 3 cup vegetarian stock
- 1 can of peeled Italian tomatoes
- 1 cup potatoes, diced
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, mined
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- Fresh parsley to serve
- Salt and pepper
1. Combine all ingredients except fresh parsley together in a saucepan. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Simmer for 45 minutes or until lentils and vegetables are tender. Stir occasionally.
3. Garnish with parsley and serve with crusty bread.
Join our community of over 400,000-plus members today and get the latest Over60 news, offers and articles.
Get all the latest Over60 news, offers and articles.